Brief Description of. the Technology:
Machine tool condition monitoring EDGE module can be an effective solution for the condition monitoring of machine tools. Machine tools arc critical assets in manufacturing industries, and their proper functioning is essential to ensure optimal production efficiency and product quality Condition monitoring of machine tools can help identify potential problems before they cause significant damage, reducing downtime and maintenance costs. EDGE computing involves processing data at the “edge” of a network, close to the source of the data, rather than sending ‘the data to a cent-al/cloud server for processing. This approach can be advantageous in the condition monitoring of machine tools as it enables real-time monitoring and analysis of data from sensors and other sources without relying on a distant server.
Machine tool condition monitoring EDGE module will be cost-effective and affordable for SMEs, and it is one of the solutions for the Condition Monitoring of Machine tools
- ARM Dual core processor (32-bit) that runs at 160MHz to 240MHz
- SPI/12C/UART protocols
- CAN, Ethernet MAC Interface
- Inbuilt Wi-Fi to monitor devices remotely.
- Inbuilt Wi-Fi to monitor MODBUS protocol 12-bit ADC..
- Working Temperature: -10C to 80C Bluetooth 4.2 and BLE
- Analog I/O pins— 12 CHANNELS (reconfigurable)
- Built-in Hall effect and Temperature sensor
- PT 100 Precision temperature measurements upto 6 Nos
- Modbus-based energy meter interface upto two energy meters (Elmeasure Make)
- 1 No of MEMS accelerometer Connection interface CbM
Machine tool condition monitoring EDGE module Supports condition monitoring of machine tools. Various sensors and meters can be installed to measure multiple parameters such as temperature, vibration, and Energy. These sensors can generate vast amounts of data, which can be analyzed using analytical algorithms to detect patterns and anomalies that indicate potential problems. The FFT analysis can be performed at the edge to monitor the vibration level at the spindle during the machining process to detect anomalies. Edge computing devices can communicate with a central server/cloud server to transfer relevant data/results. Overall, the Machine tool condition monitoring EDGE module for condition monitoring of machine tools can provide real-time insights into the performance and health of the machines, enabling proactive maintenance and reducing downtime and repair costs.
Machine tool condition monitoring EDGE module consists of 3 Sub Modules(stackable)
- Energy Monitoring and Analysis Module – EMAM
- Vibration Monitoring Module (Non-IEPC) – VMM
- Temperature Monitoring Module —- TMM